UNCG Accessibility-Related Policies
Here are policies that govern web accessibility and discrimination of people with disabilities at UNCG.
General Polices (applicable to Students, Employees, Visitors)
Accommodations at University Events
- Events Accessibility Policy
- UNCG’s policy to ensure that all University events (both in-person and virtual) are accessible to all.
Animals on Campus
- Policy for Guide Animals, Trained Assistance Animals, Emotional Support Animals, and Pet Animals on Campus Grounds and in Campus Facilities
- UNCG’s policy provides guidance for bringing animals on campus for the purpose of assisting a person with a disability.
Discriminatory Conduct Policy
- Policy on Discriminatory Conduct
- UNCG’s policy describes its commitment to providing equal opportunities in education and employment, and UNCG’s firm position against discrimination.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy (State of North Carolina)
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- The state of North Carolina’s policy regarding its full compliance with the ADA, and the responsibility to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
ICT (Web) Accessibility Policy
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ACCESSIBILITY policy
- Policy on ICT (Web) Accessibility
- UNCG’s policy that outlines its commitment to providing accessible online content to all users.
Appeal Guidelines for Designated EHRA-NF (Professional) Employees
- Appeal Guidelines for Designated Exempt Employees (EPA-NF)
- UNCG guidelines for requesting an appeal of employment decisions and grievances made regarding the EPA Non-Faculty policy or Tier II personnel policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION & INCLUSIVE EXCELLENCE PolicIES
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action, & Inclusive Excellence Policies
- UNCG adheres to the State of North Carolina’s EEO policy, which states that all human resources policies, practices and programs are fair, equal, and do not discriminate based on minority status (including individuals with a disability). The policy focuses on current and former employees and job applicants. For more information about the EEO policy and overall plan, see the UNCG EEO Plan.
SHRA Employee Grievance Policy
- SHRA Employee Grievance Policy
- UNC System policy (adopted by UNCG) that outlines the grievance process for SHRA employees who need to initiate a grievance with their employer.
Web Accessibility Plan for Courses & Other Online Content
- Accessibility Plan Template
- The Accessibility Plan is a template created to address accessibility issues found in a course or other online content. Upon reviewing a course, if any content is found to be inaccessible to students with a disability and it is not possible to remediate the content, this template should be used to document the accessibility limitations and record how to remedy these limitations with an equivalent, alternate solution. The template lists examples under each section to help the user understand how to complete it.